Friday 4 May 2012

Interesting lampshades

I want to create a lampshade for my final which is a little bit different but still has a retro theme. I began thinking about macrame and crochet, 2 very 70s crafts which were popular back then and thought about adding a modern twist.

I came across Naomi Paul's lampshades earlier this year, they are fun, elegant and really distinctive.

Naomi Paul lampshades. Photography by Nick Rowchowski
34806855 b5JHCfty c
goldfingers.info

Very delicate and clever use of colour and placement.



6a00d83453d93d69e201116859f5e3970c-800wi
goldfingers.info

These lampshade are sweet, delicate and pod-like I like the mix of colours too.



Picnik collage1
paper collage lampshade. goldfingers.info

Paper collage - I love it! This is a style I could use with a mix of my shapes and geometric patterns.



A Thousand Picnics feature at trendland.com



Yes, I know it's not a lampshade but macrame plant holders from a shop called " A Thousand Picnics " in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. These clever and trendy people researched the 1970s home before opening their shop and found images of macrame plant holders. 




Source: theendcollective.blogspot.co.uk
More macrame - a plant holder and a very bold looking lampshade.



A good friend has also recently given me a book on macrame, so I wondered if I could translate this for my final lampshade into something exciting and different...Hmm.













No comments:

Post a Comment